Why Deliberately Better?
Deliberate practice is the most effective way to get better at any skill. Sleep is no exception. Unfortunately, with how busy everyone’s lives can get, it can be hard to take the time to learn and implement the skills that are required for great sleep.
That’s why at Deliberately Better, we have created a retreat that will give you the best chance of improving your sleep, not just while you are there but also going forward.
Great sleep is much closer than you think. You just have to know what is actually going to help you, and then forget about the rest.
We believe in a holistic approach to sleep, taking into account physical, mental and emotional well-being. Our all-inclusive retreat combines Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), Osteopathy, Creative Therapy and Mindfulness activities in the most relaxing environment possible – an idyllic beachfront property.
While you can be assured that our approach is backed by science, there will be no wires, hospital beds, doctors offices or therapy rooms. Instead, this is a group program ran by a passionate team in a safe and welcoming environment. Our retreat gives you the opportunity to reset your habits, gain practical insights and have some fun alongside other people who are also seeking to improve their sleep and overall health.
Who is it for?
Any individual over 18 is welcome to attend the sleep retreat. Based on past experience, those with the following symptoms are likely to experience the greatest benefits:
- Difficulties falling asleep at the start of the night
- Problems with waking up during the night or too early in the morning
- Difficulties with getting back to sleep during the night
- Poor sleep quality or unrefreshing sleep
- Anxiety, stress or worry related to your sleep difficulties
- Aches and pains that are impacting your sleep
- Daytime fatigue, tiredness or exhaustion
- Depressed mood as a result of your sleep difficulties
- A desire to improve your overall health